Oral abstracts & guidelines l Poster abstracts & guidelines
2008 Maine Water Conference
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Augusta Civic Center
U.S. Geological Survey • Senator George J. Mitchell Center • Maine DHHS Drinking Water Program • Portland Water District • Aqua Maine • Maine Department of Environmental Protection • Maine Geological Survey • State Planning Office Maine Coastal Program • Maine WasteWater Control Association • Maine Water Utilities Association • Maine Congress of Lake Associations • Maine Lakes Conservancy Institute • Maine Rural Water Association • Maine Volunteer Lake Monitoring Program • University of Maine Cooperative Extension
The Call for Abstracts for oral presentations is closed. Guidelines for presenters giving oral presentations are listed below.
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
- Speakers are required to register for the conference. Please register early.
- PowerPoint presentations are encouraged. LCD projectors and laptops will be provided. No overhead or slide projectors will be available.
- PowerPoint presentations should be brought to the conference on CD and must be dropped off at the speaker's desk in the registration area before 8:00am the day of the conference. Please mark the CD with your name, the abstract title, and the session title. If you will be arriving after this time, please contact Ruth Hallsworth (207/581-3196).
- Presentations are allotted 25 minutes, which includes question and answer time.
- Any questions regarding presentation content should be addressed to the appropriate session chair.
- Room set-up is such that attendees at the rear of the room have difficulty viewing the lower part of PowerPoint presentations. Please make sure that important information is in the upper portion of your slides.