2010 Maine Water Conference
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Augusta Civic Center, Augusta, Maine
JURIED POSTER COMPETITION (high school, undergraduate & graduate)
Poster Chair: John Peckenham
Guidelines for poster presentations
- Poster abstract must have been received by 2/19/2010.
- Maximum size: 4ft x 3ft (landscape).
- Posters do not need to be mounted. Push pins are provided.
- Posters are judged on the following criteria:
1. Clarity of scientific concept/hypothesis.
2. Visual organization of presentation.
3. Clarity of expression.
4. Understanding of project and results.
5. Scientific merit/relevance (graduate only)
Check out "Advice on designing scientific posters" which provides a humourous look at poster design. An Adobe Acrobat document which provides useful advice on how to design successful poster presentations is also available for download. There is also a booklet available in pdf format from The Oceanography Society that also provides some useful tips on successful poster design.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Students submitting posters to the 2010 Maine Water Conference are entitled to a discounted registration fee of $25. Student registrations must be received by Friday, March 5, 2010.