Professional Development - Professional Development Grants
We are now accepting applications for Professional Development Grants for Fall/Winter 2013.
As part of UMaine’s NSF supported ADVANCE Project, funds will be available to faculty in STEM and social and behavioral science (SBS) fields and to others who directly promote ADVANCE-related efforts aimed at increasing the representation and advancement of women in the academic STEM and SBS careers.
- Awards will be made in the 3 program areas highlighted below
- View updated Requests for Proposals for each program using the links below
- Submission Deadline is JANUARY 15, 2014
- Awards will be announced in March 2014
Click on the links below to view or print the updated RFPs.
Professional Development Grant Links Fall/Winter 2013
- Research Seed Grants: These awards can be used to develop new collaborations or to collect preliminary data that will facilitate submission of a competitive grant proposal or preparation of a peer-reviewed publication.
- Leadership Development and Career Advancement Grants: These awards will facilitate participation of women faculty in training, mentoring, and leadership development activities.
Use this link to explore these training opportunities, and more: Leadership & Professional Development Activities.
Climate Award Links Fall/Winter 2013
- Departmental/Unit Awards: These awards will aid STEM and SBS units seeking to update departmental guidelines for annual faculty review, promotion and tenure, post tenure review, review letter formats and other faculty assessment metrics. The Rising Tide Center will collaborate and consult with grant recipients to ensure the processes are fair and consistent.
Grant funds in general, may be used to support: visiting scholars; PI travel to plan and conduct collaborative research; travel to UMaine from other UMS campuses; writing groups; release time for professional development opportunities; equipment and summer salary to collect preliminary data to support research and proposal development; consultant fees for departmental climate activities; administrative internships; and other efforts supporting ADVANCE goals. Please refer to the RFP for the program of interest for additional detail.
All applicants must describe how their proposed plan will influence the careers of STEM/SBS women, either directly or indirectly.
ADVANCE Grants Application Form (PDF) Please print your completed Application Form as you may not be able to save the data entered.
ADVANCE Grants Reporting – Progress and Final Report Form (PDF) Please print your completed Report Form as you may not be able to save a copy.