Graduate Programs - Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a 3.0 cumulative GPA; 3.5 preferred. All business, finance, and accounting courses prerequisites for the MBA must each have a grade of B- minimum. Candidates are also expected to have strong analytical, math, writing, and presentation skills.
The Maine Business School welcomes well qualified students from around the world.
International candidates for the MBA must provide the following items in addition to their Graduate application materials:
- A copy of a valid passport (photo page only)
- An original financial or bank certificate, in English, indicating $ USD funds of $34,000 minimum (required by the U.S. Department of State)
- If transferrring from another U.S. institution, a copy of a valid F1, J1, or non-immigrant visa (photo page only) AND a copy of a student’s current I-20 or DS 2019
- English Language Proficiency:
- Original iBT TOEFL score report of 81 or IELTS Bandscore 6.5 (no subscores below 6.0) or comparable ESL training from a U.S. institution (1 year minimum) or ELS 112, or TOEIC comparable score.
- Note: TOEFL, IELTS is waived if the student has graduated from a U.S. college/university or has an overseas degree taught exclusively in English
- Students may be admitted provisionally to the MBA with the need for the Intensive English Institute training at UMaine.
NOTE: Review of a candidate’s application for consideration of admission is allowed with copies. However, admission to the MBA Graduate Program is subject to receipt of an original financial/bank certificate and original English language proficiency report.
For personalized service and immigration guidance, please contact:
Carol L. Mandzik, MBA
Manager of MBA Programs & Internships
Associate Graduate Faculty
The University of Maine
Maine Business School
5723 DP Corbett Business Building, Room 209
Orono, Maine 04469