Graduate Programs - MBA Concentrations
The MBA program at The University of Maine emphasizes experiential, hands-on learning, teamwork, critical thinking and leadership while still delivering a core set of knowledge in the traditional business disciplines. Our MBA program produces graduates with superlative business skills and a global perspective, but more importantly, produces business leaders who can think strategically and critically, adapt to and foster change, inspire and lead, and create and convey a vision.
The Maine Business School is accredited by AACSB International –The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business which assures high-caliber teaching with curricula that achieves specific learning goals.
Each of the Concentrations in the MBA (39 cr hr program) and the Professional MBA (36 cr hrs) include the foundational courses (21 cr hrs) inherent in the MBA which cover the following core concepts:
- the global, environmental, political, economic, legal, and regulatory contex
- individual ethical behavior and community responsibilities in organizations and society
- management responsiveness to ethnic, cultural, and gender diversity
- group and individual dynamics in organizations
- human resource management and development
- quantitative methods and models used to support business decision making
- financial theories and methods, reporting, analysis, and markets
- creation of value through the integrated production and distribution of goods and services
- information acquisition, management, and reporting for business
Explore our Concentrations and chart your professional and personal goals at UMaine.
The MBA program at the University of Maine emphasizes experiential, hands-on learning, teamwork, critical thinking, and leadership while delivering a core set of business disciplines. Our MBA program produces graduates with practical business skills and a global perspective, but more importantly, produces business leaders who can think strategically and critically, who can adapt to and foster change, who can inspire and lead, and who can create and convey a vision.
The Maine Business School MBA combines course work with experiential learning. The major components include a required core set of classes emphasizing superlative business skills and knowledge, experiential coursework, and electives that define each concentration.
Students may study full-time or part-time and matriculate for the Spring, Fall, or Summer semesters.