Campus Recreation Facilities/Hours - Bridge Tennis Courts
Eight outdoor tennis courts, with parking, are located just downhill from the Rec Center. In order to park in that lot, you will either need a UMaine parking permit, or a UMaine temporary parking permit (stop at Public Safety, on Rangeley Road, to get one.) Orange Campus Recreation parking permits are not valid in this lot.
The courts are open from dawn to 10:00 p.m. Courts 1-3 will be lit from dusk to 10:00 p.m. HOWEVER, Courts 1-3 close for the winter on November 1, and all remaining tennis courts close for the winter on Thanksgiving Day. All 8 courts generally re-open in early May, weather permitting.
Courts are open to the public on an open-play basis. Please, limit play to one hour if others are waiting.
Members can check out free tennis equipment from the front desk at the Rec Center.
- Courts are open from dawn to 10:00 p.m. and are for tennis play only.
- Please limit play to one hour if others are waiting.
- wear non-marking court shoes.
- leave your skateboards, bikes, and inline skates outside the court.
- bring only water and sports drinks into the courts; no food.
- limit play to one hour if others are waiting.
- be aware, the court surface is slippery when wet or dirty.
Questions? Call Campus Recreation at 581-1082.
Use of Campus Recreation Resources for Unaffiliated Organized Activities:
Campus Recreation facilities, equipment, and other resources may only be used for personal recreation and fitness.
Campus Recreation facilities, equipment, and other resources may not be used for coaching, personal training, instruction, or other similar purposes unless conducted by 1) Campus Recreation employees as a part of their employment, or 2) by entities authorized by the Campus Recreation Associate Director for Programming.
Any other organized activities must be approved and scheduled by the Campus Recreation Assistant Director for Operations.