Welcome to General Chemistry
The links to the right will provide you with important additional information about the lecture and laboratory courses. This website is updated regularly throughout the semester, so please check back frequently for new information.
1. Grading and other course policies for CHY 123 and CHY 124 have changed significantly for the spring 2013 semester. Please carefully review the NEW course guide.
2. The first meeting of the laboratory course is a mandatory safety and course orientation session. It will be held during your scheduled laboratory meeting time. Go to room 316 Aubert for afternoon labs and room 421 Aubert for morning labs.
Below is a list of the materials you will need for your general chemistry lecture and laboratory course.
General Chemistry Lecture (CHY 121, CHY 122) Course Materials:
(1) For CHY 121, ISBN 9781285336008. This bundle is available in the UMaine bookstore and includes:
The binder version of Moore, Chemistry: The Molecular Science 4th edition, OWL Printed Access Card, Essential Algebra for Chemistry Students, and Survival Guide for General Chemistry with Math Review
General Chemistry Laboratory Course Materials (CHY 102, CHY 123, CHY 124)
(1) Chemistry: InterChemNet® Access Packet (for CHY 102, CHY 123, CHY 124, and CHY 133). Title: InterChemNet® Access Packet (for CHY 102, CHY 123, CHY 124, and CHY 133),UMaine Chem Dept, Availability: University Bookstore
(2) InterChemNet (ICN) account
Click HERE to set up account after you have purchased and opened IntercChemNet Access Packet from bookstore
If you experience difficulty with creating your ICN account (e.g. ICN barcode), please contact email@example.com.
(3) UMaine General Chemistry Course Guide, version 2.0 for Spring 2013
Click HERE to download a pdf version of the General Chemistry Course Guide