University of Maine Graduate School
MODEL Communication Plan
Converting Prospects to Applicants:
- Send thanks for inquiry/send application/program fact sheet (Graduate School).
- Send applicant a note with supplementary forms/program information such as listing of faculty with research interests (program coordinator).
- Follow-up message after several weeks – positioning program (program coordinator).
- Assign graduate students to email prospective students offer to answer questions.
Timeline: June to January
Encouraging Completed Applications:
- Acknowledgment of receipt of application (Graduate School).
- Call student to discuss application and possible funding (program coordinator).
- Send applicant a timeline for making admissions decisions (program coordinator).
- Contact from potential faculty advisor(s).
- Email reminder to complete application (Graduate School).
- Acknowledgment of completed application (Graduate School)
Timeline: October to January
Converting Acceptances to Enrollments:
- Admission letter/ setting up FirstClass account (Graduate School)
- Congratulations and financial award letter (program coordinator).
- Call applicant to talk about research project, length of funding (program coordinator or faculty advisor).
- Welcome letter from department chair or college dean.
- Email from graduate student to talk about student life.
- Invitation to visit campus (program coordinator).
- Invitation to orientation program (Graduate School).
- Call from alumnus to discuss graduate program/opportunities.
Timeline: January to April