The University of Maine offers a limited number of graduate teaching and research assistantships. Teaching Assistantships (TA) are 9-month positions with a stipend of $14,600. A TA position also includes tuition benefits that cover up to 9 credits each semester (Fall and Spring respectively) and half of the cost of the mandatory health insurance policy.
There are some academic programs that provide stipends that range between $25,000-$30,000. Contact your Graduate Program Coordinator for more information about the availability of TAs or other graduate research assistantships.
The Graduate School also offers a number of competitive fellowships, assistanships and scholarships. More information regarding current offerings is available in the Scholarships, Awards and Assistantships section of this site.
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Scholarships, Awards and Assistantships
- New England Student Program & Canadian Tuition
- Native American Waiver and Education Program
- Tax Information for Fellowships and Scholarships
- Refund Policy
- Rules Governing Maine State Residency
- Satisfactory Academic Progress for Graduate Students