Telecom: What's New
Telephone Rates As of October 16, 2004
Information Technologies has recently completed a bid for telecommunication services and are pleased to announce we have chosen Mid-Maine Telecommunications as our primary vendor for local AND long distance service. Mid-Maine is a local Bangor based company and we have used them for our local service for the past two years with great success. A recent upgrade to their facilities allows them to now provide long distance as well. The new contract will begin on October 16, 2004.
Why does this matter to you? We are their largest customer which means we receive exceptional customer service. This is something that we haven’t received from the major players in years. The pricing is right and they are providing services which have not been offered before.
All calls within the State of Maine are now priced at $0.06 per minute regardless of the destination or time of day. As usual local calls are free within the Orono, Old Town, Bangor, Brewer and West Old Town areas.
Out-of-state long distance rates are $0.06 per minute. These rates include calls to Alaska and Hawaii. These rates are not subject to time of day restrictions so you may call anytime for the same rate.
Last year we lowered the in-state and out-of-state long distance rates to $.06 per minute but we have never been able to negotiate reasonable international rates. Mid-Maine partners with Sprint and are able to provide us with much better international rates. I haven’t received all the rates yet but what I am seeing will provide 20% to 90% discounts over the previous rates. There are no time of day restrictions on these rates as before, so you can call whenever you wish.
High Speed Internet and Telephone Service for the Home or Home Office
Mid-Maine Communications is now offering your employees a 10% discount on our DSL Telephone Service Package! The package includes Internet access, phone line, long distance and phone features on one bill from the thoughtful folks at Mid-Maine Communications.
This inclusive communications package normally costs $49.95 per month but we are offering it to your employees for just $44.95 per month.
- Local Telephone Service
- No cost to switch
- Keep your current telephone number
- One easy-to-read bill
- Thoughtful feature package
- Caller ID, Calling Waiting and Voice Mail
- Competitive In & Out-of-State Long Distance at .05/minute
- Flat rate all the time
- No monthly service fees
- Speeds up to 1 Megabit per second
- FREE DSL modem
- No new wiring is needed, just connect using a standard telephone jack
- 5 email accounts
- 20 MB of personal web space
- Anti SPAM & virus protection
- Beech Hill
- Cold Stream
- Odlin Rd.
- North Argyle
- North Deering
- North Dixmont
- Ohio St.
- Pea Cove
- Ridge Rd.
- South Levant
- South Portland
- West Enfield
- West Glenburn
- West Levant
- If you reside in an area with the exchanges 394,732, 826 and 884, you cannot receive the entire package however; you can receive 10% off the ADSL portion of this package. The regular price is $29.95 per month, so you would pay $26.95 per month.
- If for any reason you cannot get their High Speed Internet and phone solution at your home or do not really need high speed connections, we also have a discounted dial-up Internet solution for just $9.95 per month.
- Statewide Dial Internet for Just $9.95 per month.
- Enjoy Internet access availability statewide with our dial Internet solution that includes:
- Unlimited Internet Access for $9.95 per month, a monthly savings of $10.00.
- No installation fee
- 2 Email Addresses
- 20 MB of Personal Web Space
- Anti-SPAM Filtering & Virus Protection
- Technical Support, 1-877-MID-MAINE or firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out how to sign up for these services, contact the Telecommunications Dept. at +1 207 581-1600.
Copyright ©2006-2014 University of Maine, Information Technologies. Some rights reserved.
This site was designed to meet Section 508 Guidelines (see our accessibility statement.)
Created and maintained by the Faculty Development Center, IT.