Student Computer Technician II
- If you think you have advanced skills from any of these areas -- programming, Web design, classroom technology troubleshooting, working knowledge of software packages - you should apply.
- Faculty Technology Consultant. Starting pay range is higher than average and based on experience with the possibility of advancement. Long-term position with 60-day trial period.
- Job Requirements
- Must be sociable, very patient, and possess strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of computers is required, as is the ability to quickly learn how to use new computer equipment and software. Advanced experience with FirstClass, Blackboard is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to changing environments and remain flexible.
- Ability to coordinate specific departmental projects and work of others.
- Job Responsibilities
- (training will be given for skills not already possessed)
- Assisting in the administration of FirstClass course conferences and BlackBoard;
- Support: telephone, one-on-one, classroom calls, and the future possibility of teaching technology workshops to faculty and staff;
- Digitizing analog materials: video, audio, and printed documents;
- Assisting faculty to choose appropriate technology tools to help them achieve their teaching goals;
- Being moderately aware of new technologies and possible implications for education;
- Offer beginner support for certain software titles: MS Office, Macromedia Studio, Adobe CS, et al.
Any interested parties can email Andrei Strukov (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at +1 207 581-1925. Please state the areas of your advanced computer skills and your expected graduation time. Feel free to stop by our offices at 149 Memorial Union -- advanced appointment will be helpful.
Copyright ©2006-2015 University of Maine, Information Technologies. Some rights reserved.
This site was designed to meet Section 508 Guidelines (see our accessibility statement.)
Created and maintained by the Faculty Development Center, IT.