IT Help Center
IT Support Services Consultant
Technicians are expected to be professional at all times while providing timely, accurate and friendly support to faculty, staff and students here at the University of Maine. Technicians are expected to have the following:
- Knowledge of computers, systems and networking including routers, firewalls and communications protocols.
- First level support for computers, connections, software, hardware (no repair) and peripherals.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required, and the desire to help people learn.
- Responsible for first-level support of UM community via walk-in, telephone emails and on-premises support.
- Coordinate with helpdesk teams to provide on-prem support to student, faculty and staff end-users on campus.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance ensuring delivery and quality resolution in minimal time, and work with IT personnel to resolve problems.
- Must have basic level knowledge of UM systems and applications, such as UNET, FirstClass, WebCT, Blackboard, and Peoplesoft.
- Basic knowledge of virus recovery, OS installations, security upgrades
- Experience in operating Mac and PC computers
- Experience in using Web Page and Graphic Design software
- Experience using Video/Audio Production equipment and/or software
- Experience using CD/DVD Production equipment and software
- Experience in operating peripheral hardware devices including but not limited to: Scanners, Printers, Media Card Readers, External storage drives, CD/DVD Burner/Printers, DV/VHS/DVD players
Duties may include weekly maintenance of IT computer equipment, daily logging of call data and monitoring usage of IT equipment, and any other projects as assigned. Technicians may also provide on-site technical assistance and special project work as assigned.
Positive attitude, friendly personality and patience are required at all times.
Download the application in one of the formats listed below. Please return all completed applications to the IT Help Center in 17 Shibles Hall or e-mail them to
ITapp [at] umit [dot] maine [dot] edu
Copyright ©2006-2014 University of Maine, Information Technologies. Some rights reserved.
This site was designed to meet Section 508 Guidelines (see our accessibility statement.)
Created and maintained by the Faculty Development Center, IT.