Upcoming Workshops free for faculty & staff
- Jan 5 - Blackboard 9 For Beginners
- Jan 5 - Blackboard 9: Creating Content (m)
- Jan 6 - Blackboard Gradebook Magic
- Jan 6 - Blackboard 9 Testing/Grading
- Jan 7 - Blackboard 9: Discussion Board/Blogs/Journals (m)
News & Events follow the works of UMIT
Security Alerts watch for threats on campus
A new tool for plagiarism checking, SafeAssign, which resides within the new Blackboard 9 (http://www.courses.maine.edu), is now available for all instructors.
- New Plagiarism Checking Tool Available
SafeAssign allows instructors to confidentially and discreetly submit individual papers for analysis (called "DirectSubmit") as well as to create the assignments in Blackboard (called SafeAssignments) where all the student papers will be automatically analyzed for plagiarism and reports will be generated for the instructor. A brief tutorial on how to use Safe Assign:
For more information about Blackboard 9 visit
or contact the Faculty Development Center, IT.
Copyright ©2006-2014 University of Maine, Information Technologies. Some rights reserved.
This site was designed to meet Section 508 Guidelines (see our accessibility statement.)
Created and maintained by the Faculty Development Center, IT.