Upcoming Workshops free for faculty & staff
- Jul 8 - Intro to iBooks Author (m)
- Jul 14 - Blackboard 9: Quickstart for Beginners (m)
- Jul 14 - Blackboard 9: Grade Center (m)
- Jul 14 - Blackboard QA/Refresher (m)
- Jul 15 - iPad Fundamentals
News & Events follow the works of UMIT
Security Alerts watch for threats on campus
- Windows XP Exception Process
An exception to the UMS policy on Microsoft Windows XP may be requested from the Office of Information Security. If approved the exception shall be maintained on file by the requester and actions taken to address the exception will be recorded with the exception.
An exception to a published Policy or Standard may be granted in any of the following situations:
- A Temporary situation
- A different solution is available with equivalent or superior protection
- Lack of resources
The Security Exception Request shall be submitted to the CISO and must include:
- System affected and classification
- Description of the non-compliance
- Duration of the exception and review dates
- Assessment of risk and plan for alternate risk management
The CISO will review the exception with the requester and determine whether the exception shall be granted, the duration of the exception, and what reviews are required at what dates.
An approved exception shall be maintained on file by the requester and actions taken to address the exception will be recorded with the exception.
The Office of Information Security has provided a form for requesting exceptions to this policy. You will be required to log in using your MaineStreet credentials.
Windows XP Exception Request Form
Copyright ©2006-2015 University of Maine, Information Technologies. Some rights reserved.
This site was designed to meet Section 508 Guidelines (see our accessibility statement.)
Created and maintained by the Faculty Development Center, IT.