With R2008b, released on October 9, 2008, The MathWorks released Symbolic Math Toolbox 5.1. The toolbox incorporates highly requested new features, including: A notebook interface for managing and documenting symbolic computations
A full programming language that is optimized for handling and operating on symbolic math expressions
Libraries of functions covering a wide range of mathematical areas
Symbolic Math Toolbox 5.1 now includes the MuPAD engine for symbolic computations. The toolbox provides the ability to use the Maple engine if standalone Maple software is installed; however, Maple is not required to use the toolbox.
Learn more about Symbolic Math Toolbox 5.1.
MathWorks Customer Service Team
©2008 The MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB and Simulink are registered trademarks of The MathWorks, Inc. See http://www.mathworks.com/trademarks for a list of additional trademarks. Other product or brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
The MathWorks, Inc. - 3 Apple Hill Drive, Natick, MA 01760 - 508-647-7000
- Want a piece of software that won't break the bank? Here we have a killer collection of free software links for PCs and Macs.
- Software Tutorials
- Are you stuck? You should check whether we have the software you are trying to get working in our tutorial section.
- Purchasing Software
- Didn't find what you needed in our free software library? Put that wallet to use at the computer connection.
- View Examples
- Wondering what other people are doing? Check out these examples for fresh ideas.
- Faculty and Staff Workshops
- Free instructional classes for faculty and staff put on by the Faculty Development Center.
Copyright ©2006-2013 University of Maine, Information Technologies. Some rights reserved.
This site was designed to meet Section 508 Guidelines (see our accessibility statement.)
Created and maintained by the Faculty Development Center, IT.