September 5, 2012
The North Pacific Research Board (NPRB) in Anchorage, Alaska sponsors research related to fisheries or marine ecosystems in the North Pacific Ocean, Bering Sea, and Arctic Ocean, and is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the full-time, exempt position of Executive Assistant. This position is responsible for providing executive level administrative assistance to the Executive Director, as well as assistance to the Science Director, Program Managers and Communication and Outreach Director. This position is located in Anchorage, Alaska.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
1. Provides executive level administrative assistance to the Executive Director, the Science Director, Program Managers and Communication and Outreach Director; includes drafting and editing written meeting minutes and reports; organizing meeting logistics pre- and post for up to 25 people including securing venues, catering, travel arrangements as needed, preparing and distributing meeting binder materials, communicating with attendees and other participants about upcoming meetings and reimbursement for expenses following meetings; attending meetings for the purpose of taking minutes and recording action items.
2. Assists science project managers with various tasks including: distribution of public announcements; assisting applicants with submissions to the annual Request for Proposals and Graduate Student Research Awards programs; preparation of subaward agreements and other documents; tracking and maintaining database of programmatic reports, processing fiscal documentation, and other tasks as needed.
3. Manages NPRB Publication Library, which includes maintaining publication database and issuing NPRB publication numbers for peer-reviewed publications resulting from NPRB-funded research.
4. Assists with outreach, photo contest and other communications projects, including mailings, staffing displays, updates to the website, production of materials and other tasks as needed.
5. Participates in planning and coordination of annual Alaska Marine Science Symposium in concert with Organizing Committee and other NPRB staff.
6. Coordinates with NPRB staff to maintain calendar of project deadlines, vacations, meetings and reports deadlines. Maintains Publications Database and Global Address book.
7. Organizes and maintains Board and Panel membership records both current and historical.
8. Orders office supplies, maintains office equipment, addresses building needs, and tracks weekly/monthly contracts such as recycling, bottled water, and coffee.
Undergraduate degree plus three years experience in a similar position. Education can be substituted with experience. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, evaluate projects and duties; Ability to communicate clearly and interact effectively and professionally; Ability to work independently with attention to detail; Flexibility; Ability to work with people from divergent backgrounds and educations in a small team environment; Proficient computer skills including good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Contribute and Access. Interest in or curiosity about marine science and knowledge about website development is a plus.
NRRB offers a competitive wage (DOE) with great benefits.
Start Date: November 1, 2011 Apply By: September 28, 2012
Send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources, P. O. Box 1329, Seward, AK 99664-1329, or email to HR@alaskasealife.org<mailto:HR@alaskasealife.org>.
More information about NPRB is available at http://www.nprb.org.