Faculty and Staff - Michael “Mick” Peterson, Ph.D.
208 Boardman Hall
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469-5711
Phone: (207) 581-2129
Fax: (207) 581-2379
- Ph.D. Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
Northwestern University, 1993
- M.S. Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
Northwestern University, 1987
- B.S.M.E. Mechanical Engineering
General Motors Institute, 1985
Experimental constitutive properties and characterization of materials, waves in solids and biomechanics of animals.
- MEE 380 Design I
- MEE 443 Mechanical Laboratory III
- MEE 487 Design III
- MEE 488 Design IV
- Kaitlyn A. Mullen, Michael L. Peterson, Sean K. Todd, “Has designating and protecting critical habitat had an impact on endangered North Atlantic right whale ship strike mortality?”, Marine Policy 42 (2013) 293–304
- Anna Demeo, Michael Peterson, “A Human Ecological Approach to Energy Literacy through hands-on projects: An Essential Component of Effectively Addressing Climate Change”, Journal of Sustainability Education, Journal of Sustainability Education, Vol. 4, January 2013
- Christie Mahaffey, Michael Peterson, Lars Roepstorff, “The effects of varying cushion depth on dynamic loading in shallow sand dirt thoroughbred horse racetracks”, Biosystems Engineering, 2013, 114, Pages 178-186
- Raul Urbina, Michael L. Peterson, Richard W. Kimball, Geoffrey S. DeBree, Matthew P. Cameron, “Modeling and validation of a cross flow turbine using free vortex model and a modified dynamic stall model’, Renewable Energy Volume 50, February 2013, Pages 662–669
- J. Kaitlyn Allen, Michael L. Peterson, George V. Sharrard, Dana L. Wright and Sean K. Todd, “Radiated noise from commercial ships in the Gulf of Maine: implications for whale vessel collisions”, J Acoust Soc Am. 2012 Sep;132(3):EL229-35. doi: 10.1121/1.4739251.
- J.W. Bridge, M.L. Peterson, C.W. McIlwraith, “The Effect of Temperature on the Tangent Modulus of Granular Composite Sport Surfaces”, Experimental Techniques, first published online: 13 AUG 2012, DOI: 10.1111/j.1747-1567.2012.00851.x
- Mahaffey, Christie A., Michael Peterson, C. Wayne McIlwraith, “Archetypes in Thoroughbred dirt racetracks regarding track design, clay mineralogy, and climate’ Sports Engineering (19 January 2012), pp. 1-7, doi:10.1007/s12283-012-0082-y, March 2012, Volume 15, Issue 1, pp 21-27