Professor of Mechanical Engineering
5711 Boardman Hall, Rm. 212
University of Maine,
Orono, ME 04469
tel: (207) 581-2131
fax: (207) 581-2379
Areas of expertise
Dr. Caccese has expertise in structural mechanics with current emphasis on design innovations using metal, composite and polymer materials. His current research interests are in the structural response of metal and composite materials, connections in hybrid composite/metal structures, and fatigue life in connections. Several ongoing projects include:
Development of impact resistant systems for protection against head injury.
Fatigue studies of welded connections.
Work on inflatable structures including wireless sensing systems, astronaut protection systems and hyperbaric chamber.
- MEE 251 – Strength of Materials
- MEE 270 – Applied Mechanics – Dynamics
- MEE 453 – Experimental Mechanics
- MEE 455- Advanced Strength of Materials
- MEE 546 – Finite Elements in Solid Mechanics
- MEE 646 – Advanced Finite Element Analysis
- MEE 658 – Theory of Plates & Shells
- Research Projects
- Hybrid Structures Laboratory
- IRR Laboratory
- MSGC Fellowship and Scholarship Program