Maine Education Leadership Consortium
Subsidy Agreement Form
I am accepting subsidy from the Maine Education Leadership Consortium for participation in the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards process during the 2006-2007 cycle. I do so understanding and agreeing to the following conditions. They are:
1. I am certified and under contract to teach in a Maine public school, or in a Maine private school enrolling 60% or more students at public expense, in the area of my intended National Board Certification for school year 2006-2007. I have three or more yearsí teaching experience.
2. I am aware that the time demand of my involvement in the NBPTS process could approach 400 hours.
3. I have not previously participated in the National Board process to the point of having submitted a portfolio for review.
4. Should I proceed in the process, but elect to withdraw, I agree to repay the Consortium whatever funds expended on my behalf, in the amount of up to $1,250.
5. In my conversations with my superintendent regarding my participation in this program, I have expressly addressed the issue of released time that I could require during the course of my participation (up to three or four days).*
6. I authorize the Maine Education Leadership Consortium and any of its member organizations, as well as any corporate sponsors, to publish my name in news releases or promotional materials as a participant in the program and similarly publish my name should I receive National Board Certification.
Signed: _____________________________________________ Date: ______________
Printed Name: _______________________________________
*Superintendentís Signature: ________________________________________
Please return this completed form to: