High School Physics and Physical Science Teachers meeting - 2012 Schedule
Join us on Friday, March 9, 2012.
8:30 – 9:00, Bennett 137
9:00 – 9:15, Bennett 137
- Welcome to the University of Maine
- Welcome to the Physics Department
- Information about the Maine RiSE Center and the Maine Physical Sciences Partnership
9:20 – 9:50, Bennett 137
- Michael Mlodzianoski (University of Maine) – Microscopy beyond the diffraction limit of light
10:00 – 11:20
- Lisa Damian (Camden Hills Regional School) – Implementing an engineering design rocketry challenge (Bennett 101)
- Mohamad Musavi (University of Maine) – Introduction to engineering (Hill Auditorium) Note: This session is only offered in the morning.
- Kevin Roberge (University of Maine) – The physics of bubbles and soap films: A K-12 perspective (Bennett 302)
- MacKenzie Stetzer (University of Maine) – Using written questions to examine student understanding (Bennett 315)
11:30 – 12:30, Bennett 102
12:00 – 1:00, Bennett 137
- David Sturm (University of Maine)
- Ben Paradis (Fort Kent Community High School)
1:10 – 2:30, Rooms listed above
Three of the four workshops are repeated so that you may attend a second one.
2:40 – 4:00, Bennett 137
- Jeff Hawkins (University of Maine) – Using different types of questions to probe student thinking
- Chris Pilot (Maine Maritime Academy) – Turning with centripetal acceleration: Examples with ships
- Michelle Smith (University of Maine) – Making things click in the classroom: Using personal response systems in instruction