High School Physics and Physical Science Teachers meeting - 2012 Schedule
Join us on Friday, March 9, 2012.
This page will be updated as new information arrives and is subject to change. If you have any questions about the meeting or schedule, please contact MacKenzie Stetzer or Jonathan Shemwell.
8:30 – 9:00, Bennett 137
9:00 – 9:15, Bennett 137
- Welcome to the University of Maine
- Welcome to the Physics Department
- Information about the Maine RiSE Center and the Maine Physical Sciences Partnership
9:20 – 9:50, Bennett 137
- Michael Mlodzianoski (University of Maine) – Microscopy beyond the diffraction limit of light
10:00 – 11:20
- Lisa Damian (Camden Hills Regional School) – Implementing an engineering design rocketry challenge (Bennett 101)
- Mohamad Musavi (University of Maine) – Introduction to engineering (Hill Auditorium) Note: This session is only offered in the morning.
- Kevin Roberge (University of Maine) – The physics of bubbles and soap films: A K-12 perspective (Bennett 302)
- MacKenzie Stetzer (University of Maine) – Using written questions to examine student understanding (Bennett 315)
11:30 – 12:30, Bennett 102
12:00 – 1:00, Bennett 137
- David Sturm (University of Maine)
- Ben Paradis (Fort Kent Community High School)
1:10 – 2:30, Rooms listed above
Three of the four workshops are repeated so that you may attend a second one.
2:40 – 4:00, Bennett 137
- Jeff Hawkins (University of Maine) – Using different types of questions to probe student thinking
- Chris Pilot (Maine Maritime Academy) – Turning with centripetal acceleration: Examples with ships
- Michelle Smith (University of Maine) – Making things click in the classroom: Using personal response systems in instruction
Back to High School Physics and Physical Science Teachers meeting