Making your campus living experience a great one!
Residence Life oversees the day-to-day staffing and operations within the residence halls here at UMaine. Our staff works with other faculty and staff from across the university campus to build safe, inclusive and welcoming communities for all of our residential students.
The First Year Experience (FYE) is the overarching program that works to connect first-year students to the University of Maine campus and to their peers, while also helping first-year students be academically successful.
- We require all first-year students to live on-campus for their full first year at UMaine
- We offer seven residence halls dedicated to housing our newest students
- We offer seven unique themed housing communities, which provide first-year students with instant connections to their hallmates
- We have a First Year Center dedicated to supporting first-year students in their academic success, and as they navigate the university campus
The Second Year Experience is the overarching program that works to support second-year students as they continue to develop their academic and career interests.
- We offer four residence halls dedicated to housing second-year students
- We assist second-year students who are still working to find the right major/minor/career path
- We assist second-year students as they develop their resumes and seek out opportunities to get experience in their intended field
- We continue to connect second-year students to valuable campus resources
For more information about our residence halls, programs and staff, please check out the rest of our website.