Welcome to Student Support Services
The TRIO-Student Support Services Program, a member of the University’s College Success Programs, is designed to assist students at UMaine who are: from low-income families, first generation college students (whose parent has not earned a bachelor’s degree), and/or students with disabilities. Student Support Services is a TRIO Program, funded by the U.S. Department of Education. UMaine SSS is affiliated with the Maine Educational Opportunity Association (MEEOA), New England Educational Opportunity Association (NEOA) and Council for Opportunity in Education (COE).
On November 18 will be our Prep for Tests event (in PDF format) at 3:30 in 104 East Annex, at which we’ll help you prep for final exams, do some stress busters and celebrate a traditional ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.’
Available Services Services for SSS students are designed to address personal, academic, and financial needs. These include:
- Counseling Services
- Personal Counseling
- Academic Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Financial Aid Counseling
- Financial Literacy Workshops
- Information Referral Services (financial aid, housing, TANF/PAS)
For counseling services, contact Cecilia Adams or Catherine Athay in East Annex, at 581-2320 or via First Class.
Contact the TRIO-SSS Staff
Find links to staff addresses, email links and phones at: http://umaine.edu/csp/staff/
Financial Literacy – now available!
The University of Maine is excited to bring a new financial literacy and debt management program, $ALT. It is available for free to all University students. Here’s your link to Financial literacy!
Other Academic Services
- Tutor in a 100/200 level, non-web based – contact the Tutor Program, 104 Dunn Hall, 581-2351.
- Peer and Professional Mentoring: Contact Ceci Adams, 581-2322 or via First Class e-mail, 111 East Annex.
- Referral to developmental courses in mathematics, biology, zoology, chemistry, critical analysis of literature and English composition.
- Computer lab (Windows) for your use.
- Time Management
- Study Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Prep for Tests Event (in PDF format), November 18 at 3:30. Prep for final exams, do some stress busters and celebrate a traditional ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.’
Apply for services If you are interested in Program services, please contact us or complete this online application. A TRIO-Student Support Services staff member will follow up with you about your application. You may also contact us at: email@example.com