Applying For Financial Aid
We understand that the Financial Aid process can be intimidating and complicated at times. Don’t worry — we’re here to help! Below you’ll find links to individual areas of the financial aid application process which are successive in nature. You may click on individual links if you know the topic you’re interested in or you can start with the first link, “Who is Eligible for Aid?” and navigate through as a tutorial.
- Who is Eligible for Financial Aid?
- How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?
- What is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?
- What is a FSA ID and How Do I Get One?
- How Do I Know if I Am a Dependent Student?
- What is the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
- What if I Haven’t Filed My Taxes Yet?
- What is the Student Aid Report (SAR)?
- What is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)?
- How do I Revise my FAFSA?
- What if I Missed the Priority Filing Deadline?
- What Additional Documents Do I Need to Submit (To Do List)?
- What if I Have Special Circumstances?
We want you to know everything you need to about applying for aid at the University of Maine so if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.