Telepractice is an efficient, cost-effective way to provide services in a predominantly rural state that are beneficial to children and adults with communication disorders.
UMaine’s telepractice program offers:
- Highly interactive online speech therapy for children and adults
- Therapy delivered online at a client’s home, work, school or any setting where high-speed Internet is available
- Speech therapy on existing computers with high definition audio and video connected via high-speed Internet access.
- Secure and password protected speech therapy in compliance with HIPAA, FERPA, and HITECH regulatory guidelines
Areas of clinical service include:
- Acquired brain injury
- Articulation Disorders
- Progressive Disorders
- Language Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Assistive Technology
- Fluency Disorders
- Swallowing Disorders
- Group Therapy and Support