Faculty Grants - 2010 Summer Grant Recipients
- Laura Cowan, Associate Professor of English, “Rebecca West’s Black Lamb & Grey Falcon and the Conventions of Travel Literature” (research).
- Ashish Deshpande, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, “An Innovative Robotic Rowing Exoskeleton Development Project: Design Changes/Improvements for Gender Based Needs ” (academic climate).
- Kathleen Ellis, Adjunct Lecturer in English and Honors, “Language Uncaged: The Influence of John Cage on Avant-Garde and Postmodern American Women Poets” (reading).
- Melissa Ladenheim , Adjunct Assistant Professor in Honors, “Documenting the History and Culture of the Jewish Community of Old Town, Maine” (reading).
- Karen Miller, Faculty Associate in Anthropology, “Curriculum Proposal for Women’s Folklore Course” (curriculum).
- Elizabeth Neiman, Graduate Faculty, Adjunct for Women’s Studies and Honors College, “Revising and Creating English 471” (curriculum).
- Liam Riordan, Associate Professor of History, “Loyalist Women and the Revolutionary Atlantic World” (research).
- Jasmine Saros, Associate Professor, Climate Change Institute, “Enhancing Gender Parity in the Climate Sciences at UMaine: Expanding the Range of Senior Female Role Models” (academic climate).
- Catherine Schmitt, Full-Time Professional, Maine Sea Grant, Adjunct Instructor, Communication and Journalism, “Florence Bascom: The Stone Lady in Maine” (research).
- Justin Wolff, Assistant Professor of Art History, “Feminist Art Theory and Criticism” (reading).
- K. Lira Yoon, Assistant Professor of Psychology, “Gender Differences in Anxiety and Depression: The Role of Sex and Stress Hormones” (reading).
Back to Faculty Grants